Unfamiliar

Thursday, December 30, 2010



I think my mom and I have absolutely nothing in common. people always say that becoming like your parents is inevitable. we are total opposites. and for the past few years most conversations have ended with me screaming and then locking myself in my room. because I think she doesn't understand me at all.
As I get older, I have thought a lot about my relationship with my mother. It's strange- she's the person whose face I saw first when I was born, someone I have lived with my whole life. You would think I would know her better than anyone, but I started to realize that I don't know her at all. Of course, I know her as my mom but I don't know her as a person. I probably know my friends better than I know my own mother.
This realization has given me a heavy, indescribable sadness. I feel like I should know her better and I want to but how?

0 comments: